2020 FLOSS Roadmap is the product of studies carried out in seven key areas called Themes:
- Theme 1: Public policies: promoting sustainable development of shared resources
- Theme 2: FLOSS: the key to future innovation and competitive differentiation?
- Theme 3: Ensuring sustainability for FLOSS developer communities and business ecosystems
- Theme 4: Technological and economic breakthroughs: challenge or opportunity for FLOSS?
- Theme 5: IT 3.0: towards new governance for information systems?
- Theme 6: FLOSS: a lever for employment and careers
- Theme 7: FLOSS in an Open World: Innovations and best practices from Brazil
The work on each theme is under the responsibility of its theme directors, who can produce new draft versions to take in account the comment on the present version. To propose a new theme, contact us.
In 2008 version, contributors decided to dedicate a specific chapter to an highly controversial trend of IT Industry: Cloud Computing
Finally in this 2008 version, you will also find an appendix about FLOSS in India.
The 2008 printable version can be downloaded here.